- 1 bunch of fresh spinach (about 8 cups), roughly chopped, no stems
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 of a large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup of cheese, shredded (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Red pepper flakes (I used about 1 teaspoon, but you could use more or less depending on your preferences.)
- 1/4 cup of milk (can be dairy-free)
- Oil for pan
- Preheat your oven to 375℉.
- Heat a 6″ cast iron pan to medium-high heat with a little bit of oil. Sauté your onions and garlic until the onions become soft and golden brown. Add your spinach and sauté until the water from the pan has mostly evaporated.
- Meanwhile, whisk together your eggs, salt, pepper, paprika, cheese, and milk in a mixing bowl. Set aside until the vegetables are ready.
- Add your rice vinegar to the pan and stir. Add more oil so that the egg mixture doesn’t stick. Make sure that the vegetables in the pan are in an even layer. Pour your egg mixture over and sprinkle the red pepper flakes on top.
- Put your pan into your oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. When you move the pan around using a potholder, it should not jiggle. Cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting and eating. Enjoy!