- 15 ounces of black beans, canned or cooked
- 3/4 cup of gluten free rolled oats
- 2 scallions (green onions), finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- Oil for pan
- In a food processor, combine everything except for your beans and oil. Process until the consistency is similar to wet breadcrumbs. Scrape the sides down every now and then.
- Add your beans, and process until just combined.
- Heat a pan with about a tablespoon of oil to medium heat. Take a spoonful of your mixture and use your spoon to spread it into a circle, about 1/4″ thick. Cook each patty until crispy, firmer, and darker in color. Flip them halfway through, or more of needed. Enjoy!