- 1 16-ounce block of extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch or potato starch
- 1 cup of canned bamboo shoots
- 3/4 cup of smooth, unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Start by preparing your sauce. Combine your peanut butter, soy sauce, and garlic powder in a bowl. Add water until it can drip off whatever you are using to mix, but is not too runny.
- Cut your tofu into 1/2″ cubes. Place it in a bowl and add your cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly.
- Heat a pan to high heat with a small amount of oil. Add your tofu and bamboo shoots, and cook until crispy and golden (about 10 minutes). Stir often using a spatula. Turn heat down, and add your peanut sauce. Coat evenly.
- Add sesame seeds, and serve right away. Enjoy!