- 1 16-ounce block of super firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon of high-heat oil
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch or potato starch
- Hot sauce of your choice (I used Frank’s)
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Heat your oil to high heat in a large pan.
- Chop your tofu into 1″ cubes.
- Put your tofu and cornstarch in a bowl. Toss to coat as evenly as possible.
- Spread your tofu cubes out in your pan so that they are not overlapping. Cook for about 15 minutes, until golden, puffy, and crispy. Turn heat off and your hot sauce, garlic powder, paprika, and salt. Remove from pan right away so the tofu does not soak up extra oil. Serve right away. Enjoy!