- 1 cup of all purpose flour (can be GF)
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of any neutral oil
- 7 ounces of firm tofu
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh or 1 tablespoon of dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion, sautéed
- (About) 1 1/2 cups of canned crushed tomatoes
- Spinach, sautéed (optional)
- Mushrooms, sautéed (optional)
- Plant-based sausage, chopped (optional)
- Vegan or regular cheese, grated
Preheat your oven to 400℉. Lightly grease a 10-inch (or something close) skillet.
Start by making your crust. In a mixing bowl, combine your flour, salt, and oil. Add your boiling water little by little, mixing at the same time. You should have a wet, stretchy, but not sticky dough. If it is dry, add more water. If it is too wet, add more flour. Knead for about 2 minutes.
Press your dough onto the bottom and sides of your skillet in an even layer. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the edges begin to get dry and the center starts to get bubbly. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a food processor, combine all of your ingredients for the tofu sauce. Blend until mostly smooth. If it is not blending, add water, but not too much.
Preheat your oven to 350℉.
Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce onto your crust. Spread the tofu sauce over it. It is okay if they combine a little. Next, add all of your toppings on top of the tofu sauce in an even layer. Then, add more tomato sauce. Finally, add the cheese on top. Bake for 25 minutes. Enjoy!