- 1 1/2 cups of black beans, canned or cooked
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Heat your oil in a medium skillet. Add your onions, garlic, curry powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Sauté until onions are translucent and begin to caramelize.
2. Add your beans and coconut milk. Mash a few beans. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes until no longer watery.
3. Add your garnish and serve hot, with rice, chapati, regular bread, or just plain. Enjoy!