- 1 cup of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2/3 cup of fresh or thawed strawberries
- 1/4 cup of full-fat coconut milk
- Cacao nibs
- Shaved chocolate
- Banana slices
Mix your flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and salt together in a medium/large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, crack your eggs and beat them lightly with a whisk. Add the rest of your wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, while mixing.
Heat your waffle iron to medium heat (if you have settings for heat) and lightly grease it. Pour approximately 1/2 cup of batter on (will vary depending on your waffle iron) and cook for about 5 minutes. They should lift off easily, but if not you can use a fork to help.
Put your strawberries and coconut milk into a blender. You can leave a few chunks or blend until smooth. Pour over your waffles, add garnish, and serve. Enjoy!