- 1 cup of uncooked red lentils
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 of a medium yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons of fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dry
- `1 teaspoon of curry powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of canned coconut milk (doesn’t have to be full fat)
Slice your onion with a mandoline or very finely with a knife. Bring your water to boil in a pot. Add the onions and cook with the lid on for about 5 minutes.
Add the rest of your ingredients, except for the coconut milk. Cook for about 20 minutes until the lentils are soft, stirring frequently. Add water when it gets dry.
Once everything is fully cooked, stir in your coconut milk. You can save extra to drizzle on top before serving. Enjoy!