- 1/2 cup of gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro (stems too, if you want)
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1-2 tablespoons of hemp powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Avocado for serving (optional)
In a saucepan, add your shallot to about 1/2 inch of water. Bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until soft. Then, drain the water, put the shallot back in, and add the cilantro and olive oil. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the cilantro is wilted. Transfer to your food processor, and pulse until no longer chunky. Set aside.
Bring your vegetable broth to a boil in a medium pot. Add your oats, garlic powder, hemp powder, and salt. Reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve with your sauce and avocado. Enjoy!