- 1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable bouillon
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce or tamari
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of avocado oil (or other oil)
- Cilantro and/or sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
In a medium pot, bring your water to boil along with your bouillon. Stir it to dissolve your bouillon, and then stir in the quinoa. Reduce to medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally until the water is gone and the quinoa is soft. If the quinoa is uncooked and the water is gone, add a little more water.
Add your shallots and cook until slightly brown. Add your spinach and cook, stirring with a spatula, until everything is cooked.
Steam your carrots until you can stick a fork through them.
Combine your carrots, spinach/onions, and quinoa in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, and garnish.