- 10 ounces of green beans (approximately)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
Cut the ends off of your beans. Put them into the top layer of a steamer pot, with about 1-2 inches of water on the bottom layer. Steam on high heat for about 5 minutes or until a little over halfway done.
While the beans are steaming, mix together your lemon juice, sesame oil, soy sauce, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
When the beans are done steaming, heat a pan to medium-low heat. Add the beans and the sauce. Cook until beans are soft, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Remove from heat, add garnish, and serve. Enjoy!