- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons of tamari (or soy sauce if you are not gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Avocado oil for pan
- 1-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons of tamari (or soy sauce if you are not gluten free)
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of raw cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
Cut the tofu into medium cubes. Put into a bowl and add the ingredients (not sauce ingredients) into the bowl with it, but leave out the oil and cornstarch. Let it sit for at least half an hour, but overnight would be best.
Keep the tofu in the bowl, but pour out the liquid. Add the cornstarch and toss until the tofu is evenly coated.
Heat a few tablespoons of avocado oil in a skillet. Cook the tofu on medium-high heat for a few minutes until brown. Remove heat and put the tofu into the container that you will serve from.
In a saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook on low heat, stirring frequently. After about 5 minutes, it should begin to thicken. Continue to cook and stir until it is about the consistency of a thicker pancake batter. Pour onto tofu and stir until evenly coated. Enjoy!