- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of cilantro, fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon of parsley, fresh or dried
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- Lime juice
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- Cheese of your choice, grated (optional)
- Fillings like avocado, tomato, onions, or anything you want
First, make the bean spread. In a bowl, combine about 1/4 cup of your beans, garlic, parsley, cilantro and lime juice. Mash with a fork until the flavors are mixed in and the beans are like mashed potatoes. Set aside.
Now, make the wrap. Combine your flour and water in a mixing bowl. Whisk until not lumpy. The batter should be very thin, so you may need more water. Heat a pan to medium-high heat. Spray lightly with cooking spay and pour your batter on slowly. It will not be perfectly shaped, but that is okay. Once the top is dry, use a spatula to flip it over. Let it cook for about 2 more minutes on that side.
Finally, lay your wrap on a flat surface. Spread some of the bean spread on with a butter knife. Put a layer of grated cheese on that. Then, add your fillings that you chose on top of the cheese. Add some extra beans, not mashed. Roll the sides in and then roll the whole wrap tightly. Heat a pan to medium heat and cook the burrito on both sides until the tortilla is a little crispy. Enjoy!